TJ Madsen is among the founding members of the New Herald Tribune and chairs the editorial board. He worked for national syndicated newspapers in Newark, Philadelphia, and Baltimore before moving to the midwest.
Washington - President Donald Trump confirmed Friday that he will not attend his son’s wedding scheduled this weekend in the Bahamas, citing a prior commitment at his Bedminster, New Jersey golf club.
Speaking briefly to reporters, Trump said the timing of the ceremony conflicted with his standing tee time, which he described as “long scheduled and difficult to move.” He added that while he wished the couple well, he would remain in the United States for the weekend.
“I have a commitment here that’s been on the books,” Trump said. “It’s something I take seriously, and unfortunately the dates didn’t align.”
The wedding, which is expected to be a private event attended by family and close friends, has drawn attention due to its high-profile guest list and location in the Bahamas. Representatives for the Trump family declined to comment on whether any adjustments had been considered to accommodate the president’s schedule.
Political observers noted that presidential travel, even for personal events, often involves significant logistical planning and security coordination. However, Trump indicated that the decision ultimately came down to a scheduling conflict rather than operational constraints.
White House officials did not provide additional details about the president’s weekend schedule beyond confirming his presence at Bedminster. The golf club, one of several properties owned by the Trump Organization, has frequently served as a venue for both official and personal engagements.
Despite his absence, Trump said he had spoken with his son ahead of the ceremony. “I told him it’s going to be a beautiful event,” he said. “We’ll celebrate together soon.”
Copyright © 2026. All rights reserved.